(RADIATOR) SQL Accounting / Radius Attribute Values only

Robert Blayzor noc at inoc.net
Thu Jan 3 20:43:53 CST 2002

> My first inclination would be to archive the accounting data
> on a periodic
> basis (every day, every week, every month, whatever). One
> easy way to do this
> is to set up a different table for each month (week, day,
> whatever) for
> example and then use the Radiator special characters in your
> AcctSQLStatement
> to specify the table name.

Thank you for your response.

We've been through all this.  We need to keep at least six months of
RADIUS accounting data on-line at all times.  Archiving really isn't the
issue, but when you have some 20,000+ users, that's a LOT of RADIUS
accounting data.  We're taking about 25GB+ per month at current rate.
If we were able to specify the integer values, it would save us about
30-40% of that space over saving the string values.  We can easily
inner-join cross reference tables on queries.

> I really wouldn't suggest storing the integer values as
> trying to post
> process the data will be very messy.

Well not really post processing, more like "pre-processing".  The
attribute values arrive to Radiator in integer value, why not have the
ability to store the integer value.  I know I was able to do this with
SBR in the past.  When it comes to large data warehousing of accounting
records, it makes the most sense.  Either case, I was just curious as if
this could be done in one way or another.... It would make a nice
feature.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC
rblayzor at inoc.net

Years of development: We finally got one to work.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au