(RADIATOR) Getting rejection reason right...

James Laszko jamesl at tfbnet.com
Tue Jan 1 13:05:58 CST 2002

We've got Radiator 2.19 installed using a Platypus SQL box for
authentication.  We have two handlers setup, one for usernames with
realms, one for just plain usernames.  In each handler, we check for
authentication from the SQL box on the username and the username with
the realm appended (by rewriting the username).  Our AuthByPolicy is
setup for ContinueUntilAccept.

The problem I'm trying to resolve is this:  If a user logs in as
joeblow, gets checked to the SQl box as joeblow, gets a REJECT because
of BAD PASSWORD, Radiator moves on and tries checking joeblow at realm and
gets a REJECT because the user DOESN'T EXIST.  The REJECT REASON given
back to the NAS is that he doesn't exist, rather than bad password,
which was the real problem...

Is there a way to stop checking when there's a BAD PASSWORD vs. the user
NOT EXISTING?

On a side note: When the user is authenticated successfully, are
accounting records sent to the accounting server with the username
originally passed by the NAS or the rewritten username that finally got
an ACCEPT?

Thanks!

 James Laszko - TFBnet - http://www.tfb.com
 jamesl at tfbnet.com
 P.O. Box 2828 - Fallbrook, CA - 92088 - USA
 (760) 728-7920, (760) 728-6572 [Fax]
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au