(RADIATOR) 2 copies of User-Name attribute

Dave Kitabjian dave at netcarrier.com
Thu Feb 28 10:02:33 CST 2002

Follow up:

I did some more digging in the RFC:

   Some attributes MAY be included more than once.  The effect of this
   is attribute specific, and is specified in each attribute
   description.

   5.13.  Table of Attributes

   The following table provides a guide to which attributes may be found
   in Accounting-Request packets.  No attributes should be found in
   Accounting-Response packets except Proxy-State and possibly Vendor-
   Specific.

                      #     Attribute
                      0-1   User-Name

In other words, the accounting record may contain 0 or 1 copies of the
User-Name. That means it's out of spec to send 2 copies. I'll take this
up with Cisco. Meanwhile, I'm still open to feedback on the Radiator
side (since Cisco notoriously drags its feet on our bug reports).

Dave

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au