(RADIATOR) radacct.pl issues with ODBC/MS-SQL?

Justin Scott jhs at ocs-tx.com
Mon Feb 25 10:46:44 CST 2002

Gents,

Please pardon me if this has already been addressed on the list. I've not had a chance to check, and due to time constraints on other projects, I'm being forced to send this message before doing any more research.

radacct.pl is returning the following error:
Execute failed for 'select USERNAME, sum(ACCTSESSIONTIME), sum(ACCTINPUTOCTETS), sum(ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS) from tblaccounting group by USERNAME': [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type int. (SQL-22003) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Warning: Null value is eliminated by an aggregate or other SET operation. (SQL-01003)(DBD: st_execute/SQLExecute err=-1)

If I'm understanding correctly, this means that one or more of the field sum()'s is overflowing the bounds of MS-SQL's int data type?

Should I change it to bigint, or is there another way?

This happened once before, and I had to copy the records out of the accounting DB to make it work.

cheers,

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au