(RADIATOR) Connect-Rate and IP Pool Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 22:24:54 +0800

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sun Feb 24 17:06:38 CST 2002

Hello Quintin -

> I have two questions:
>
> 1. Can Radiator record the "Connect-Rate" of the customer connection? =
> (Eg. 48000bps, 45333bps)

Yes - as long as the NAS actually sends the information in the radius
requests. Have a look at a trace 4 debug to see what attributes are in the
packets.

> 2. How to config the radiator to assign IP address by different NAS?
> (e.g Connection from NAS1, assign IP range from 192.168.1.2 =
> -192.168.1.254",
> Connection from NAS2, assign IP range from 192.168.2.2 - 192.168.2.254)
> I have over 200 NASs, I don't want to use <Handler ...> for each NAS in =
> my config files.

You can use an AuthBy DYNADDRESS with the PoolHint keyed from the
Client-Identifier. There is an example configuration file in the file
"goodies/addressallocator.cfg", and don't for get to check the reference
manual (sections 6.42 and 6.51 in "doc/ref.html").

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au