(RADIATOR) DHCP and Radiator High

Dirk Laan d.laan at rdc.nl
Thu Feb 21 14:49:10 CST 2002

Hello,

I've the following question:
Are there people who are using DHCP in combination with Radiator ?

We want to use DHCP in combination with Radiator but we don't have the
knowledge.

We have some performance problems, we did some tests and the ip address
alloction is the problem.
The ip address are given from a mysql db.
In this test we had 2 servers, 1 Radiator and the other the Database
(Sun 420)
(The test was run on the Radiator) radpwtst -user testbas -password test
-iterations 254 -time -notrace
Result: time for 254 iterations: 22s
Is this normal ?

When a user with a fixed ip address dials in there is no problem, but
most of our users get a dynamic ip address

So if we change to DHCP, would this solve the problem ?

Further more we want to setup a high availability configuration anyone
suggestions ?

ps. we don't own our can configure the nasses

Any help would be great.

Regards,

Dirk Laan