(RADIATOR) Re: Fwd: Questions about Radiator

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Wed Feb 20 00:46:17 CST 2002

Hello Corey,

thanks for your note.

> >To: <info at open.com.au>
> >Subject: Questions about Radiator
> >Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:26:58 -0800
> >
> >Hello,
> >
> >My name is Corey Spain. I am a Systems Engineer for Rodopi, Inc. (ISP
> >Billing Software Company). I have a few questions about your Radius Server
> >product "Radiator"
> >We have customers that are either already using Radiator or would like to
> >use Radiator sometime in the future and ask us questions concerning
> >integrations with Rodopi. We support both ODBC (Microsoft SQL 7 & 2000)
> > and Livingston Radius Format. Supporting Radiator through Livingston
> > Radius Format has been a simple and easy task before in the past. I now
> > notice that you support ODBC as well, and to be able to use all the
> > features of Rodopi, an ODBC connection is the preferred way to go. So, my
> > questions are, How exactly, or preferred way, does Radiator integrate
> > with us (Rodopi) using ODBC?
> >
> >1) Do you use Store Procedure(s) to integrate with Rodopi in MS SQL?
> If
> > so, do you use the store procedures designed by Rodopi(ex.
> >Interface_VircomUsers, Interface_SteelbeltedUsers?), or do you provide
> > them with your software. And what are the names of these store
> > procedures. If you do not use store procedures, how does Radiator query
> > the database and send accounting info to SQL?

Yes, by default we we use your  Interface_VircomUsers and
Interface_VircomDetails stored procedures, however this is configurable and
could be changed or customised by individual customers if they wished.

Radiator can connect to MS-SQL by a variety of methods, including ODBC from
Windows and Unix, and also by a number of alternative methods from Unix. This
means that customers can run Radiator on Unix, and work with Rodopi running
on MS-SQL on Windows. Many ISPs want to do this as they dont want to run
their Radius server on Windows.  Some of your potential customers would be
interested in this.

> >2) Does Radiator support the "session timeout" attribute to count down
> > usage time. This is an important feature in Rodopi to use PrePaid
> > accounts and PrePaid Cards.
Yes Radiator supports Session-Timeout, as returned by Interface_VircomUsers.

> >Any detail answer would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> >With better knowledge of your Radius Software "Radiator", we can be more
> >confident to support and provide your and our customers with the answers
> >that they need. Thank you.

Please let me know if we can be of any assistance. We are keen to promote
interoperation between our products for the benefit of our mutual customers.

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Platypus, Freeside, TACACS+, PAM, external, Active Directory etc etc
on Unix, Win95/8, 2000, NT, MacOS 9, MacOS X
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au