(RADIATOR) Continous looping of Radiator after config change

Damir Dzeko damir.dzeko at iskon.hr
Tue Feb 19 02:42:25 CST 2002

Hello,

"Young, Tim" <Tim.Young at compuware.com> writes:

> We are upgrading from 2.13 to 2.19. I had copied over the radius.cfg file
> from the one machine to the next.
>
> When attempting to authenticate from a test server that works just fine on
> the 2.13 machine, I get this in the log file:

I had similar problem also. I solved it by mentioning 'NoDefault'
in Auth block. Here is what happens:

Radiator receives auth-request packet for user "u43007 at vpn.compuware.com".
AuthGeneric calls AuthSQL::findUser to get user's password and attributes.
If the user is not found then AuthGeneric tries the same for user "DEFAULT".
If that also fails it proceeds with "DEFAULT1", "DEAFULT2" ...
Here is the code that does it:

            # Next time round, we look for a DEFAULT
            $user_name = "DEFAULT$defaultNumber";
            $defaultNumber++;

I patched my AuthGeneric by adding a line of code below:

            # ddzeko: sanity, prevent endless loop
            last if ($defaultNumber > 10);

There is also a solution to add a "DEFAULT" user to your database. Or,
"DEFAULT1" with no valid password that would result in request-rejected
because of bad password.

Radiator is a great piece of Perl. Don't be afraid to look under the
hood and experiment. Enjoy, ;-)

-d

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au