(RADIATOR) SNMP Agent, Openlink, Oracle and Radiator

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sun Feb 17 17:09:38 CST 2002

Hello Tunde -

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 02:43, Tunde Itayemi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have installed Openlink's ODBC driver for Linux on my Redhat 7.2 system.
> I have also tested it. I have also installed Oracle 9i client on the same
> system with a view to implementing the DBI/Oracle DBD connection as I want
> to use a remote database for authentication. Please, with respect to
> Openlink's software, How do I reference the DSN in the radius.cfg file? Do
> I just put the DSN's name in the DBI clause? - I don't think this would
> work though. Is there anything I need to know about the Perl DBD/DBI before
> installing it? I have the files DBI-1.21.tar.gz and DBD-Oracle-1.12.tar.gz
> and I am just about to install them.
>
> I hope to hear from you soon as I should have the system up and running
> before Monday - today is Saturday in Nigeria.

Its Monday morning here in Australia.

Normally if you are using Oracle with DBI and DBD-Oracle, you do not use ODBC
at all - you just need the Oracle client libraries. If you do want to use
ODBD, you would use DBI and DBD-ODBC.

You will have to check the Openlink ODBC documentation to see how to
configure it for use with various databases.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au