Fwd: (RADIATOR) Mode secure in radacct.cgi

Henrique Pais h.pais at cybernet.ch
Thu Feb 7 04:28:47 CST 2002

Hi Mike,

On 06-Feb-2002 Mike McCauley wrote:
> Hello Henrique,
>
> Is radacct configured to use file or SQL?

I'm using mysql for accounting.

----

I have another question!

I have a NAS (cisco) sending every hour an update for every adsl
session to radiator - perfect - but this update are absolute values
since the session is up - no incremental values.

Is there any way, that radiator can query the Accounting table, get the last
update and make a diff and only then insert into the Accounting table?

------------------------------

<Handler Acct-Status-Type=/Checkpoint/,Class=/Volumina/,Realm=abc.ch>

        # Stripps the realm from the User-Name before accounting it
        RewriteUsername        s/^([^@]+).*/$1/

        <AuthBy SQL>

                # Connect to MySQL database named 'radius'
                DBSource        dbi:mysql:radius:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
                DBUsername      xxxxxxxx
                DBAuth          xxxxxxxx

                # Update ACCTVOLUMINA
                AcctSQLStatement insert into ACCTVOLUMINA (USERNAME,
                TIME_STAMP, ACCTSTATUSTYPE, ACCTDELAYTIME, ACCTINPUTOCTETS,
                ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS, ACCTSESSIONID, ACCTSESSIONTIME,
                ACCTTERMINATECAUSE, NASIDENTIFIER, NASPORT,
                FRAMEDIPADDRESS,CALLERID) VALUES ('%{User-Name}',
                '%{Timestamp}', 'Update','%{Acct-Delay-Time}',
                '%{Acct-Input-Octets}', '%{Acct-Output-Octets}',
                '%{Acct-Session-Id}', '%{Acct-Session-Time}', '',
                '%{NAS-Identifier}', '%{NAS-Port}', '%{Framed-Address}', '')

 </Handler>

-----------------------------

I know that this is not a radiator problem, but could be that you have already
eared something like.

thx

henrique

> Cheers.