(RADIATOR) Connecting from linux to SQL 2000

Matthew Hobbs mhobbs at speedlink.com.au
Fri Dec 27 22:50:32 CST 2002

Hi

I know this question has been asked before but looking though the archives there seems to be different answers.

Currently I'm using DBI:Sybase on Mandrake 8.2 to connect to MS SQL 6.5
All works well

I'm now thinking of upgrading to SQL 2000
I already know that my current setup doesn't work as I've tried it already with on luck.

Looking at FreeTDS (0.6) its says it can connect to SQL 2000 using DBI::Sybase
is this true ?

Has anybody got the DBI::Sybase and FreeTDS solution to work with SQL 2000 ?

Looks like my current solution would work with SQL 7 which I have (is there much difference between 7 and 2000 performance/feature wise ? should I sick with 7 ?)

Thanks for any help
Matthew