(RADIATOR) Priority of DEFAULT in AuthBy File

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Dec 17 22:57:19 CST 2002

Hello Richard -

I think you will have to use cascaded AuthBy clauses to do what you
describe.

Something like this:

# define AuthBy clauses

<AuthBy FILE>
	Identifier CheckDefaults
	Filename %D/defaults

<AuthBy FILE>
	Identifier CheckUsers
	Filename %D/users

# define Realm(s) or Handler(s)

<Realm ....>
	AuthBy CheckDefaults
</Realm>

The files would look like this:

# file %D/defaults

DEFAULT .......

DEFAULT ......

DEFAULT Auth-Type = CheckUsers

# file %D/users

someuser  Password = .....

anotheruser  Password = ......

etc.....

The first AuthBy file checks your DEFAULT definitions, the last one of
which then calls another AuthBy clause to check the users.

Hope that helps.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au