(RADIATOR) Optigold ODBC

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Wed Dec 4 22:59:36 CST 2002

Hi All,

I spoke with Shawn Hogan from Optigold today.
He tells me that lots of people are using Radiator to do SQL authentication
against Optigold.

He says it is possible to do direct ODBC to the Optigold filemaker DB. However
he recommends against this method, as it does not permit easy downtime or
maintenance of the Optigold database.

Instead he recommends that you set up an auxiliary mysql database (using the
simple schema that we provide in goodies/mysqlCreate.sql), and configure
Optigold to automatically maintain the user data in that database (you can do
that with Optigold SQL hooks). Then you configure Radiator to do SQL
authentication and accounting against the auxiliary mysql database.

I hope to get some example schemas and config file or instruction soon. If so,
I will post them.

Can anyone add anything else?

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au