(RADIATOR) ipass problem

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Dec 2 14:58:16 CST 2002

Hello Tunde -

If you want Radiator to allocate IP addresses for IPASS requests, you
will need to use a ReplyHook in the AuthBy RADIUS clause. There is an
example showing how to do this in the file "goodies/hooks.txt".

On Tuesday, Dec 3, 2002, at 04:39 Australia/Melbourne, Ayotunde Itayemi
wrote:

> Hi Hugh,
>
> Finally getting near UHURU!
> I found out from IPASS that they don't support chap and all the while
> my
> test NAS (a patton) was set to use text or pap or chap!
> So, the test worked after changing the NAS to "textORchap"
> OK. New problem. Given my radius config file which I sent to you in
> my last mail.
> HOW DO I, get IPs to be allocated based on the NAS to which say an
> IPASS
> roaming client dials into?
> At the moment, radiator is allocating IPs to my Windows NASes and the
> patton boxes are configured to allocate IPs from pools defined on them.
>
> How can I get the pattons to still allocate IPs (not minding whether
> the
> client is
> local or a IPASS client) and still allow radiator to allocate IPs if
> the
> IPASS client
> dials into one of my Windows servers?
>
> Regards,
> Tunde I.

>>> cmdtest.txt (test carried out with test credentials from ipass using
>>> the
>>>                     command line tester that comes with ipass
>>> netserver)
>>> logfile.txt (radius logfile after attempting access twice via the NAS

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au