(RADIATOR) Version 3.3 install

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Aug 29 23:51:22 CDT 2002

Hello Charly -

What I usually do is skip the "make install" step altogether, and just
leave the various versions in seperate directories.

Ie.

bash-2.05$ pwd

/usr/local/src/Radiator

bash-2.05$ ls -l

total 12648

drwxr-xr-x  48 hugh  staff       1588 May 19 22:04 Radiator-2.19

-rwxrwxrwx   1 hugh  staff    1977109 Nov 26  2001 Radiator-2.19.tgz

drwxr-xr-x  49 500   500         1622 May 31 18:04 Radiator-3.1

-rw-r--r--   1 hugh  staff    2143428 May 27 12:36 Radiator-3.1.tgz

drwxr-xr-x  40 hugh  unknown     1316 Aug 24 19:36 Radiator-3.2

-rwxr-xr-x   1 hugh  unknown  2204136 Aug 20 06:03 Radiator-3.2.tgz

-rw-r--r--   1 hugh  staff     143029 Aug 13 14:21 patches-3.1.tar.gz

Then in my startup script I go to the correct directory and run radiusd
from there:

	PERL=/usr/bin/perl
	RADIUSDIR=/usr/local/src/Radiator/Radiator-3.3
	CONFIGDIR=/usr/local/etc/radiator

	cd $RADIUSDIR; $PERL radiusd -config_file $CONFIGDIR/radius.cfg ......

I find it *much* easier to do it this way, as changing versions is a
simple as changing a single line in the startup script (or of course you
could just change a symlink instead).

This is why Mike has "@INC" set up the way he has.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au