(RADIATOR) Problems with Radiator-3.3 .tgz install (SITEPREFIX)

Karl Gaissmaier karl.gaissmaier at rz.uni-ulm.de
Wed Aug 28 05:13:20 CDT 2002

Hi Hugh or Mike,

I install the different radiator version with a PREFIX, so that I can
hold more than one version, see below:

# cd /radiator/build/Radiator-X.Y.Z
# /radiator/perl/bin/perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/radiator/install-X.Y.Z
# make
# make test
# make install

and with a symlink I choose the current version

# ln -s /radiator/install-X.Y.Z /radiator/current

(of course, I had to adjust the @INC array in the bin/program(s)

from: unshift(@INC, '.');
to:    unshift(@INC, '/radiator/current/lib/site_perl/5.6.1');

since you did not proper attend this Makefile PREFIX to adjust
your @INC Path. I think you could do a:

use lib '%%PREFIX%%/lib/site_perl/5.6.1'

and clean this MakeMaker Parameter properly in your "binaries".

Anyway, this was not a problem for me, because I handled this
in my way and was still to lazy to post it as a question.

But now with version 3.3 you introduced a magic SITEPREFIX
Parameter in the Makefile.PL for .rpm but this is still
in the .tgz and the PREFIX is no longer used for the
lib installment. In my situation, I got the path
/lib/perl5/site_perl clobbered because nobody fills this SITEPREFIX
with a useful value.

If I try a:
mizar:.../Radiator-3.3# /radiator/perl/bin/perl Makefile.PL
SITEPREFIX=/radiator/install-3.3/

I get:
'SITEPREFIX' is not a known MakeMaker parameter name.
Writing Makefile for Radius

Where is the solution?

Regards
	Charly

--
Karl Gaissmaier          Computing Center,University of Ulm,Germany
Email:karl.gaissmaier at rz.uni-ulm.de          Network Administration
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au