(RADIATOR) AddtoReply

Wim Biemolt Wim.Biemolt at surfnet.nl
Mon Aug 26 15:25:50 CDT 2002

==> From: miko at yournetplus.com

> The only downside to doing it this way is that it still adds the
> attributes to access-reject reply packets, which inherantly does not
> cause problems, except when dealing with larger networks, such as UUNet
> which request that the only attributes passes back are Proxy-State and
> Reply-Message...

The nice thing about radiator is that it is very flexible and until
now I always could come up with some kind of configuration which was
doing what I needed. In your situation the following will probably
work (didn't actual test it!) ...

<Handler Realm=bogus-service>
	ReplyHook  file:"/some/path/makesurenottosendtoomuch.pl"
</Handler>

and

# -*- mode: Perl -*-
# makesurenottosendtoomuch.pl
#
sub
{
  my $p  = ${$_[0]};    # proxy reply packet
  my $rp = ${$_[1]};    # reply packet to NAS
  my $op = ${$_[2]};    # original request packet
  my $sp = ${$_[3]};    # packet sent to proxy

  # Get the request code from the proxy reply.
  my $code = $p->code;

  unless ($code eq 'Access-Accept')
  {
       &main::log($main::LOG_DEBUG, "about to undo AddtoReply");
       $rp->delete_attr('Attribute-Name');
       &main::log($main::LOG_DEBUG, "removed Attribute-Name");
       return;
  }
}

Although the best thing probably would be to make radiator behave
with respect to AddtoReply as described in the radiator 3.2 manual.
Adds attributes to *Access-Accepts*. So not to Access-Rejects and
not to Accounting-Requests ;)

-Wim -/- SURFnet

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au