(RADIATOR) radiator dies w/sql

Tony Bunce tonyb at go-concepts.com
Mon Aug 19 23:44:06 CDT 2002

We have been running radiator for a long time now and have not had any
problems, but have one issue

I have the conf file such that if our AuthBy SQL ignores the request
then it goes to AuthBy File.  This way if the sql server dies users can
still authenticate on the flat file

We have never had problems with the sql server (MySql) but I was trying
to test the authby file by stopping the sql server.  Radiator looses
it's connection then dies w/o logging anything

Here is conf:

Trace   4

#Lower case

RewriteUsername   tr/A-Z/a-z/

#Remove Spaces

RewriteUsername          s/\s+//g

<ClientListSQL>

                DBSource DBI:Sybase:database=<DB>;server=<SRV>

                DBUsername <CUT>

                DBAuth <CUT>

                GetClientQuery select
NASIDENTIFIER,SECRET,IGNOREACCTSIGNATURE,DUPINTERVAL,DEFAULTREALM,NASTYP
E,SNMPCOMMUNITY,LIVINGSTONOFFS,LIVINGSTONHOLE,FRAMEDGROUPBASEADDRESS,FRA
MEDGROUPMAXPORTSPERCLASSC,REWRITEUSERNAME,NOIGNOREDUPLICATES,PREHANDLERH
OOK,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,FLAGS from NASClients

                #UseOldAscendPasswords

</ClientListSQL>

<SessionDatabase SQL>

        DBSource dbi:mysql:radius:207.40.xxx.xx

        DBUsername <CUT>

        DBAuth  <CUT>

</SessionDatabase>

<Log SQL>

        DBSource dbi:mysql:radius:207.40.xxx.xx

        DBUsername <CUT>

        DBAuth  <CUT>

        Table RADLOG

</Log>

 <AuthLog SQL>

        Identifier AuthLogMySql

        DBSource dbi:mysql:radius:207.40.xxx.xx

        DBUsername <CUT>

        DBAuth  <CUT>

        Table AuthLog

        FailureQuery INSERT into AuthLog (SeverityLevel, Username,
SubmitedPassword, Reason, Date) VALUES (%0, '%U','%P',%1, '%Y-%m-%d
%H:%M:%S')

        LogFailure 1

</AuthLog>

 <Handler Request-Type=Access-Request>

        RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/

        <AuthBy SQL>

                Timeout 10

                NoDefaultIfFound

                DefaultSimultaneousUse 1

                CaseInsensitivePasswords

                RejectEmptyPassword

                Identifier GOCsql

                DefaultReply
Ascend-Shared-Profile-Enable=0,Service-Type=Framed-User,Framed-Protocol=
PPP,Framed-Routing=None,Ascend-Base-Channel-Count=1,Ascend-Minimum-Chann
els=1,Ascend-Maximum-Channels=1,Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool=1,Ascend-Multicast
-Client=Multicast-Yes

                DBSource DBI:Sybase:database=bill2;server=GO19

                DBUsername <CUT>

                DBAuth <CUT>

                AuthSelect AuthSelect '%n'

                AuthColumnDef 0, User-Password, check

                AuthColumnDef 1, Framed-IP-Address, reply

                AuthColumnDef 2, Framed-Netmask, reply

                AuthColumnDef 3, GENERIC, reply

                AuthColumnDef 4, GENERIC, check

                AddToReplyIfNotExist
Framed-Routing=None,Service-Type=Framed-User,Framed-Protocol=PPP

        </AuthBy SQL>

        <AuthBy FILE>

                NoDefaultIfFound

                DefaultSimultaneousUse 2

        </AuthBy FILE>

        AuthLog AuthLogMySql

</Handler>

And The Error Log:

Wed Aug 14 13:39:25 2002: ERR: do failed for 'delete from RADONLINE
where NASIDENTIFIER='207.40.122.227' and NASPORT=020312': Lost
connection to MySQL server during query

#THIS IS WHERE I RESTARTED IT b/c IT DIED

Wed Aug 14 13:40:44 2002: DEBUG: Adding Clients from SQL database

Wed Aug 14 13:40:44 2002: DEBUG: Query is: select
NASIDENTIFIER,SECRET,IGNOREACCTSIGNATURE,DUPINTERVAL,DEFAULTREALM,NASTYP
E,SNMPCOM

Wed Aug 14 13:40:44 2002: DEBUG: Reading users file /etc/radiator/users

Wed Aug 14 13:40:44 2002: INFO: Server started: Radiator 3.0 on
rad1.go-concepts.com

Thanks for the help

Thanks,

Tony B, CCNA, Network+

Systems Administration

GO Concepts, Inc. / www.go-concepts.com

Are you on the GO yet?

What about those you know, are they on the GO?

513.934.2800

1.888.ON.GO.YET