(RADIATOR) Logging incorrect passwords with <Authlog SQL>

Nicolai van der Smagt nicolai.vandersmagt at bbned.nl
Wed Aug 14 07:39:39 CDT 2002

Hello,

Recently I moved our authentication logging to Authlog SQL. In the old
setup we had a PasswordLogFileName %L/xxxx clause. When a user tried
logging in with a bad password, the password that the user used was
logged to the password logfile. This was nice because our users cannot
change the passwords in their routers. We changed the password in the
radius configuration, the router would come online, we changed the
password in the router and the radius server back to the correct value
-> problem solved.
Is there a way to log the used password with Authlog SQL the way it
worked with PasswordLogFileName?

Radiator 2.19

<AuthLog SQL>
        Identifier Radmin_authlog
        DBSource dbi:mysql:radmin
        DBUsername radmin
        DBAuth xxxxxxxx
        Table RADAUTHLOG
        SuccessQuery insert into RADAUTHLOG values ('%1','%t','%0','%n')
        FailureQuery insert into RADAUTHLOG values ('%1','%t','%0','%n')
        LogSuccess 1
</AuthLog>

Regards,
--
Nicolai van der Smagt   UNIX Support Engineer
BBned NV.               PO Box 692

http://www.vandersmagt.nl/pgp-public-key.txt

Silence! Or I shall replace you with a very small shell script!
                                   - The Wizard of OS