(RADIATOR) Retrieving a hook by filename from inside ClientListSQL

Claudio Lapidus c_lapidus at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 6 17:01:17 CDT 2002

Hello,

I need to get the PreHandlerHook for certain clients from our standard
RADCLIENTLIST SQL table. The problem is that I'd prefer to store the hook
code in a file and not directly inside the table, for various reasons.

I've setup this config and it works fine:

<Client x.x.x.x>
      Secret  shhhh
      PreHandlerHook  file:"%D/preauth.pl"
</Client>

As expected, the hook gets executed for this particular client. However,
this one doesn't work:

<ClientListSQL>
        DBSource       dbi:mysql:radiator
        DBUsername     sqluser
        DBAuth         donttellya
</ClientListSQL>

from the table we get:

mysql> select NASIDENTIFIER, SECRET, PREHANDLERHOOK from RADCLIENTLIST;
+---------------+-------------+----------------------+
| NASIDENTIFIER | SECRET      | PREHANDLERHOOK       |
+---------------+-------------+----------------------+
| x.x.x.x       | shhhh       | file:"%D/preauth.pl" |
+---------------+-------------+----------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

By seeing further action it is apparent that the hook doesn't get executed
this time. However, even at level 4 trace doesn't show anything regarding
this step. I also tried changing double quotes to single quotes in the field
contents, to no avail. So:

1. Is it legal to store the hook's filename into the table instead of the
code itself? (I hope so :-)

2. Is there a way to increase debug verbosity for ClientListSQL operations?

TIA,
cl.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au