(RADIATOR) DefaultSimultaneousUse = 1

Andreas Stollar andreas at speakeasy.net
Mon Aug 5 19:13:06 CDT 2002

Hello,

I have DefaultSimultaneousUse set up and it works just fine. The problem
is when a use gets disconnected because their machine crashes, or some
other strange reason, and accounting STOP record is never sent, and they
are then unable to authenticate until I restart Radiator. I am using the
internal Radiator db to store sessions, and no I can't use finger or snmp
to query the NAS devices since they are behind a firewall, and it took
enough to get the hole put in the firewall.

I figure I could just use radpwtst to send a stop record, without a start
record to clear the session db, but it doesn't seem to work. Using this
logic, using radpwtst to send a start record, but no stop record, should
let me authenticate one time before getting DefaultSimultaneousUse errors,
but no go there either. Might I be using improper syntax? Here's a few
examples:

User dialed in, session died, can't log in. So I try to send a stop
record.

[root at opal radius]# radpwtst  -user mtwatson at speakeasy.net -password
'xxxxx' -auth_port 1812 -acct_port 1813
sending Access-Request...
Rejected: DefaultSimultaneousUse of 1 exceeded
sending Accounting-Request Start...
OK
sending Accounting-Request Stop...
OK

So, try to send a stop record.

[root at opal radius]# radpwtst  -user mtwatson at speakeasy.net -nostart
-password 'xxxxx' -auth_port 1812 -acct_port 1813
sending Access-Request...
Rejected: DefaultSimultaneousUse of 1 exceeded
sending Accounting-Request Stop...
OK

then try to authenticate again.

[root at opal radius]# radpwtst  -user mtwatson at speakeasy.net -password
'xxxxx' -auth_port 1812 -acct_port 1813
sending Access-Request...
Rejected: DefaultSimultaneousUse of 1 exceeded
sending Accounting-Request Start...
OK
sending Accounting-Request Stop...
OK

Then I tried to just use radpwtst to send a start with no stop, but it
seems to let me keep logging in, which it should not do.

[root at opal cgi-bin]# radpwtst  -user andreas at speakeasy.net -accton -nostop
-password 'xxxxxx' -auth_port 1812 -acct_port 1813
sending Access-Request...
OK
sending Accounting-Request Start...
OK
sending Accounting-Request Accounting-On...
OK
[root at opal cgi-bin]# radpwtst  -user andreas at speakeasy.net -accton -nostop
-password 'xxxxx' -auth_port 1812 -acct_port 1813
sending Access-Request...
OK
sending Accounting-Request Start...
OK
sending Accounting-Request Accounting-On...
OK
[root at opal cgi-bin]# radpwtst  -user andreas at speakeasy.net -accton -nostop
-password 'xxxxx' -auth_port 1812 -acct_port 1813
sending Access-Request...
OK
sending Accounting-Request Start...
OK
sending Accounting-Request Accounting-On...
OK

Andreas

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au