(RADIATOR) SocketQueueLength

Leon Oosterwijk leon at isdn.net
Tue Apr 23 09:14:34 CDT 2002

All,

I'm trying to figure out why I'm dropping so many Accounting Packets. I
believe the problem might be our network infrastructure, but to be sure I
upped the SocketQueueLength as described in the manual (6.4.20). I have some
questions however about the meaning of the value.

--
# Make a long queue length
SocketQueueLength 1000000

What unit is this denoted in? bytes? Bits? What is the default size of thise
queue? (on linux with a 2.2 kernel). What is the maximum size allowed? What
problems might I encounter when increacing the Receive buffer like this? I
read that under linux the kernel will silently drop UDP when it's output
buffer fills up would this be a probem for Radiator at any point?

Sincerely,

Leon Oosterwijk
ISDN-NET Inc.
(615) 221-4200