(RADIATOR) Post Processing hook

Shoalnet Admin braddlilly at shoal.net.au
Mon Apr 22 14:10:34 CDT 2002

Hi All,

Being lazy here.... Before I dream up something I thought some-one might
have invented 'the wheel' aleady. We are currently transitioning all of our
user base from usernames without realms to usernames with realms.  I would
like to send an email in a post processing hook to the user when they logon
to give them a polite reminder of the changes they need to make. Obviously
I still want to allow them to have a successful logon but hopefully the
email generated each time will start to get annoying after a while and they
will look into changing their setups. We are using Auth by SQL with mysql
at present.

I have one more question. This move to users with realms has bought about
an issue with Free BSD ppp daemon. Apparently it doesn't accept more
than  16 characters in the username. Anyone have a work around or come
across this? The easiest solution at the moment is to give them a new
account which will be < 16 characters with a realm.

Thanks in advance for any help I receive and btw thanks for a great product!

Brad Lilly

Shoalnet/Fastrac admin

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au