(RADIATOR) dynamic ip allotment

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Apr 10 04:18:23 CDT 2002

Hello Boris -

> “We recommend that, if possible, you should use your NAS’s
> native address allocation method to allocate IP addresses for your dialup
> users.”   Installation and Reference manual for Radiator version 3.0.
> Why ?

Just because in most cases it is easier.

> I have RAS and BRAS ( NAS) for dynamic ip allotment and RADIUS for static
> ip, but I need QoS in RAS and BRAS. I like to transfer dynamic ip allotment
> at RADIUS.

If you want Radiator to do dynamic address allocation you should use the
<AuthBy DYNADDRESS> clause with an AddressAllocator.

Have a look at sections 6.42 and 6.52 in the Radiator 3.0 reference manual.
("doc/ref.html"). There is also an example configuration file in
"goodies/addressallocator.cfg".

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au