(RADIATOR) Password length

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Apr 3 17:06:37 CST 2002

Hello Tony -

I have forwarded your first question to Mike.

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 05:02, Tony B wrote:
> Hello,
>
>             We have been testing radiator for a while now and just moved
> it to our live environment.  The transaction was very smooth except for
> two things.
>
> Does radiator limit the size of the password that the user is aloud to
> use?  We have one customer that has a 22 character password and we are
> unable to get radiator to let the user connect.  We can reproduce the
> error.  We are using AuthBy SQL and when I run the sql command it
> returns the correct value.  I can authenticate from the command line
> using radpwtst.  I want to blame it on the NAS but the user was able to
> connect fine with our old radius server. I turned on password logging
> and it looks like it is not decrypting the password correctly.  Below is
> the line from the password log (the actual password is half xed out).
>
> Wed Apr  3 13:45:37
> 2002:1017859537:kittenxx:xxxxxxtheservice/v‘N¥Aõ±:xxxxxxtheserviceyouwan
> t:FAIL
>
> When I run radpwtst it works fine but from the NAS it puts “/v‘N¥Aõ±” as
> part of the password.
>
> The second questing has to do with ISDN and DefaultSimultaneousUse.  I
> only want users to be able to dial in once but it looks as if for 128k
> ISDN I must have to set DefaultSimultaneousUse to 2.  Can I set
> DefaultSimultaneousUse at the handler level and then have separate
> handler for ISDN and use the same authby clause for both isdn and dial
> up customers using identifiers?

Yes this is quite easy to do - something like this:

# define AuthBy clause

<AuthBy SQL>
	Identifier CheckSQL

# define Handlers

<Handler NAS-Port-Type = ISDN>
	MaxSessions 2
	AuthBy CheckSQL
</Handler>

<Handler>
	MaxSessions 1
	AuthBy CheckSQL
</Handler>

Of course the Handlers should be defined for your requirements.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au