Unix passwords.

Ricky Chilcott ricky at caboolture.net.au
Sun Sep 30 21:38:38 CDT 2001

Hugh,

As we are migrating from Merit and we have our shadow file using Unix crypt instead of MD5 because Merit is can not use MD5.

I have read all of the archive messages and the reference book relating to using Unix Crypt passwords and I still am not sure how to use the Encryped-Password check with a shadow file.

As far as I can see I can put an entry in the users file for each user using the User-Password or Encryped-Password check and a prefix of {crypt} then the encrypted password. But I can't see how I can make it work for a DEFAULT user entry and get the corresponding users encrypted password from a shadow file.

Thanks

Rick