(RADIATOR) More Questions..

Cassidy B. Larson butch at infowest.com
Mon Sep 24 18:01:39 CDT 2001

Here's one that's been setting in the background for a while..

I have a database of usernames..These usernames contain
two different domains: xyz.com and abc.com.
In certain circumstances joeuser at xyz.com exists as well as
joeuser at abc.com ..

Here's what I've gotten working so far..
Authentication.. I rewrite the username appropriately, so that
it checks the password for @xyz.com first, then @abc.com ..

My problem resides in the Accounting SessionDatabase table
and duplicate login checking.. I want to store, within the SessionDB
the full username, joeuser at xyz.com ..

However, within my seperate Accounting Process, all it knows about
is the username that is containted within the accounting start packet.
I can't rewrite the username, because I don't know which one to
rewrite to.

Question being, is there a way to do a simple AuthBy SQL within the
Accounting server.. to progressively rewrite the username to the appropriate
one as needed? (Is the user-password variable available for the accounting
to do this?) This would allow me to store the 'rewrote' username
in the sessiondatabase and not have any screw ups where joeuser at abc.com
is logged in but joeuser at xyz.com can't..

Confusing I know..

Anybody (or Hugh) have any suggestions as to what would be the best
possible way to do the accounting process in this circumstance? In case we
add
another batch of users at nml.com we may run into this problem again, so it'd
be
nice to have a solution..

Thanks again,

Cassidy

----
Cassidy B. Larson   --   Network Operations Manager
InfoWest, Inc.  *  596 E. Tabernacle  *  St. George, UT 84770
Voice: 435-674-0165  *  FAX: 435-674-9654
butch at infowest.com
----

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au