(RADIATOR) Large number of handlers

David Napier dilbert at dot.net.au
Sun Sep 23 23:46:15 CDT 2001

Hi All :)

I was wondering if there were any performance stats, or maximum file sizes
in the Radiator config files? Due to a phone numbering problem, I'm facing a
situation where for a period of time some of our radiator boxes will require
about 50000 handlers, and yes, Radiator is the only option.

I'm hoping that the numbering problem will be fixed before the load becomes
too heavy, however it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that there will be
2 requests per second. I know that Radiator goes through each handler
sequentially, so I'm fairly worried about authentication time. Can you
perhaps nest <Handler>s so that I could have 8 main handlers (one for each
state/territory), and <Handler>s under of these for each phone number?

Another question I have regards the reading of the included files in
radius.cfg. Are these read once at radiusd startup so that any changes
require a restart of Radiator, or are they read on the fly?

I'm not very knowledgeable of Radiator, and I'm stuck between a rock and a
hard place here, any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)

David Napier

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au