(RADIATOR) Auth by Sybase vs. flat file

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Sep 20 19:05:19 CDT 2001

Hello Andrew -

I am afraid I don't understand how the two radiator hosts are going to
operate. If both are going to use an AuthBy FILE, then they will both need a
copy of the users file. Also, if you do not use the AuthBy RODOPI clause in
your configuration, the accounting details will not get posted to the
database.

The advantage of using an AuthBy RODOPI clause is that you can make changes
in the database and radiator will see them straight away - there is no need
to dump the users to a flat file and move the file around. The AuthBy RODOPI
also writes the accounting details directly to the database, again no need to
mess around with detail files, uploads and downloads and database updates.

hth

Hugh

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au