(RADIATOR) passwords

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Sep 20 01:59:21 CDT 2001

Hello -

On Thursday 20 September 2001 15:59, Tech wrote:

> > Hi Hugh
>
> I have made the changes to the hook file but am still getting reject
> because of an empty password.
>
> Is there any way I can see what is happening as the hook is working

Sure - just add a print statement and run radiusd from the command line so
you can see what is printed.

BTW - I apologise for dashing this off in a hurry, but there is another
problem, see below.

# -*- mode: Perl -*-
# addUsernameAsPassword
#
# PreAuthHook to add a Password attribute
# to an Access-Request.
# The User-Name is used for the Password.
# Note that the Password must be encoded
# with the shared secret of the original NAS.
#
# Author: Hugh Irvine (hugh at open.com.au)
# Copyright (C) 2001 Open System Consultants
#

sub
{
    my $p = ${$_[0]};
    my $rp = ${$_[1]};

    # Get the request code.
    my $code = $p->code;

    if ($code eq 'Access-Request')
    {
        my $secret = $p->{Client}->{Secret};
        my $user = $p->get_attr('User-Name');

        print "User-Name = $user, Secret = $secret \n";

        $password = &Radius::Radius::encode_password($user, $secret);
        $p->add_attr('User-Password', $password);
    }
    return;
}

As I mentioned, I hadn't tested it, sorry.

Hopefully we will get there eventually.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au