(RADIATOR) Re: UseAddressHInt Problems

'Tunde Ogedengbe tunde at linkserve.net
Wed Sep 19 10:47:23 CDT 2001

 I have implemented UseAddressHint option to allow customers connect with
 specific Framed-IP-Address addresses on their machines.  However, the
system
rather than use the specified IPs is allocating from its pool to the
connect.  What can be wrong?  I am using Radiator 2.18

 'Tunde Ogedengbe
 Linkserve Limited
 22 Akin Adesola Street
 Victoria Island
 Lagos - Nigeria
 Tel: +234 1 2623900
 Fax: +234 1 2623906

StartupHook
> > and/or some information in a database.
> >
> > There are some example hooks that implement a scheme like this in the
file
> > called "goodies/hooks.txt" in the Radiator distribution.
> >
> > Alternatively you could do something like this:
> >
> > # define Client clauses with Identifiers
> >
> > <Client .....>
> > Identifier Ascend
> > </Client>
> >
> > <Client .....>
> > Identifier Patton
> > </Client>
> >
> > # define Handlers
> >
> > <Handler Realm = myRealm, Client-Identifier = Ascend>
> > </Handler>
> >
> > <Handler Realm = myRealm, Client-Identifier = Patton>
> > </Handler>
> >
> > Note that the above will work for a small number of Realms and NAS's,
but
> for
> > anything more you should consider the hooks.
> >
> > regards
> >
> > Hugh
> >

> > On Saturday 11 August 2001 01:58, Kyle wrote:
> > > Hugh,
> > >   Is is legal in the realms.cfg file to place a <Handler> clause
indside
> > > of a <Realm> clause? Lets say if I wanted to do something like:
> > >
> > > <Realm myReal>

> > >   <Handler someNasAttribute>
> > >     // Make some replies
> > >   </Handler>
> > >   <Handler someOtherNasAttribute>
> > >     // Make some other replies
> > >   </Handler>

> > > </Realm>
> > >
> > > I remember reading something on this, but cant find it again.
Basicaly,

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au