(RADIATOR) Realms

Jesus Duarte jduarte at cnnw.net
Tue Sep 18 12:09:55 CDT 2001

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Hello Jesus -
>
> I am confused as to what you what to do.
>
> How are the users stored in the database - with realms or without?
>
> Ie: "someuser at cnnw" or just "someuser"?

The database contains just the username.

> And do you want all radius requests to come to Radiator first?

Yes

> And is there anything else you want to do with realms? In other words, what
> is supposed to happen with resellers?

Resellers only see and manipulate their own clients inside of the
database.  We have created a php front end that takes care of all of those
details.

> Assuming Radiator is the first radius server, and assuming your users are
> stored without realms, here is what I would do:
>
> # define AuthBy clauses
>
> <AuthBy RADMIN>
>                 Identifier CheckRadmin
>                 DBSource        dbi:mysql:radmin:localhost
>                 DBUsername      xyzxyz
>                 DBAuth          verysecret
> </AuthBy>
>
> <AuthBy RADIUS>
>       Identifier ProxyToMerit
>       Host 208.187.190.253
>       Secret verysecret
>       AuthPort 1645
>       IgnoreAccountingResponse
> </AuthBy>
>
> # define Realms
>
> <Realm DEFAULT>
>         RewriteUsername   s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
>         AuthBy CheckRadmin
> </Realm>
>
> <Realm cnnw>
>         AuthBy ProxyToMerit
> </Realm>

If I interpret this correctly, only the cnnw realm is treated differently,
all other realms or no realm are handled by DEFAULT.

Thankz bunches, Hugh.

Der Hausmeister
~~~~~~JESUS
           ~~~~~~