(RADIATOR) Radiusd cannot be started using inetd

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Sep 18 01:06:12 CDT 2001

Hello Quintin -

On Tuesday 18 September 2001 13:52, Quintin Lam wrote:
> Hi Hugh,
>
> We are using inetd now, we notice that the radius daemon can only be
> started by inetd if an "Access-Request" is sent to radius.  However, radius
> daemon cannot be started by inetd if an "Accouting-Request" is sent to
> radius.
>
> The problems come out that the some of the accounting data will be lost
> when our customer is disconnected and no new access-request from our NAS.

You will have to add a second definition into your inetd.conf file (or
equivalent on your system) for the radius accounting port as well as the
radius authentication port. On my system the services file defines "radius"
for authentication and "radacct" for accounting.

I have copied Mike on this mail so he can add something to the manual.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au