(RADIATOR) event handler

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Sep 10 18:57:03 CDT 2001

Hello Mariano -

On Tuesday 11 September 2001 02:32, Mariano Absatz wrote:
> Speaking of timed queries (in AddressAllocator SQL)...
>
> Is there a way of adding my own queries to be executed on a periodical or
> time-based way?
>
> That is, can I set a "do this arbitrary query every 6 hours" and a "do this
> other arbitrary query every monday at 3:30 AM"?

The short answer to this is use 'cron', as this sort of processing really
shouldn't be done in Radiator.

The longer answer is that the next version of Radiator has a "MainLoopHook"
that fires once per second in the main event loop inside radiusd, so you
could use that to do whatever you want (use with caution however).

And of course you could always use a StartupHook to set up whatever timeouts
and so on that you thought might be useful, using the same routines that
Radiator uses internally.

cheers

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au