(RADIATOR) Problem using Radiator to authenticate VPN access via a Cisco VPN 5001

Reynoso, Jc Jc.Reynoso at trw.com
Thu Sep 6 14:23:31 CDT 2001

Hello!
I may have experienced a similar problem.

Radiator sends encrypted radius packets to the cs5001
The cs5001 cannot understand the encrypted packet.

This is the "shared secret" between radiator and the cs5001.

You will have to send the packet in the clear (bad defeats purpose of pw in the clear!)...  very much so.

But cisco is working on this.  They have a software bug trac on it.

There is a way to tell radiator to send the shared secret in the clear.  It is a tweak in the .cfg file.  I do not know what it is.  I'm not the radiator admin.  Perhaps Hugh would be so kind as to give you the syntax.

I hope this helps you

-jc
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au