(RADIATOR) 2.18.3 & EAP

Anne Bennett anne at alcor.concordia.ca
Wed Sep 5 17:29:55 CDT 2001

Hi, Hugh.

>> As per my description when I requested the evaluation copy, I am trying
>> to set up a "wireless network with Cisco Aironet; we need a Unix-based
>> RADIUS server that can speak LEAP to the ACS box, which proxies the
>> requests from the access points".  I was told that this is supported,
>> but I can't find anything in the docs.

> What you want to do is a simple AuthBy RADIUS proxy set up.

I'm not quite sure we are understanding each other; perhaps my description
was unclear.  I'll try again.  The Access Points are pointing at the
ACS box.  The ACS box is set up to pass the queries to my Unix box,
where my account database resides.  I want my Unix box to perform the
authentication.

I believe you are suggesting to me the opposite case, where the actual
authentication is performed by the ACS box.  However, I am specifically
trying to *avoid* having user account information on the ACS box.

> Note that EAP/LEAP support is being added to Radiator in stages, with
> EAP/LEAP proxy support being the first. Additional support will be
> introduced in future revisions.

It sounds like what I am hoping to do is not supported for now.  :-(

Anne.
--
Ms. Anne Bennett, Senior Analyst, IITS, Concordia University, Montreal H3G 1M8
anne at alcor.concordia.ca                                        +1 514 848-7606
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au