(RADIATOR) LDAP-Radiator hangs

Rolando Riley rriley at ayayai.com
Wed Sep 5 16:24:45 CDT 2001

I have set auth to LDAP on my config and most of the times alll the
authentications goes just fine.
Although sometimes  Radiator "hangs" or "gets stucked"  eating 95.0 % of the
CPU. At that point
no user can auth and I have to do a kill -9 on radiusd to get it working
well again. This is the logfile
I have from it . I have done some debugging switching the trace to different
modes ,  but I am clueless of what is
causing this error.

--------------

Wed Sep  5 11:52:34 2001: WARNING: Unknown reply received in AuthRADIUS for
request 157 from 216.219.28.131:1645
Wed Sep  5 11:56:43 2001: WARNING: Unknown reply received in AuthRADIUS for
request 204 from 216.219.28.10:11813
Wed Sep  5 12:21:21 2001: WARNING: Unknown reply received in AuthRADIUS for
request 197 from 216.219.28.131:1645
Wed Sep  5 12:28:10 2001: WARNING: Unknown reply received in AuthRADIUS for
request 163 from 216.219.28.131:1645
Wed Sep  5 12:33:46 2001: WARNING: Unknown reply received in AuthRADIUS for
request 73 from 216.219.28.131:1645
Wed Sep  5 12:36:17 2001: WARNING: Unknown reply received in AuthRADIUS for
request 161 from 216.219.28.131:1645
Wed Sep  5 12:36:22 2001: WARNING: Unknown reply received in AuthRADIUS for
request 165 from 216.219.28.131:1646
Wed Sep  5 12:57:06 2001: ERR: ldap search failed with error
LDAP_PARAM_ERROR. Disconnecting from LDAP server.
Wed Sep  5 12:57:12 2001: ERR: ldap search failed with error
LDAP_PARAM_ERROR. Disconnecting from LDAP server.
Wed Sep  5 12:57:18 2001: ERR: ldap search failed with error
LDAP_PARAM_ERROR. Disconnecting from LDAP server.
Wed Sep  5 12:59:59 2001: WARNING: Unknown reply received in AuthRADIUS for
request 61 from 216.219.28.131:1645
Wed Sep  5 13:03:44 2001: WARNING: Unknown reply received in AuthRADIUS for
request 163 from 216.219.28.131:1645
Wed Sep  5 13:42:10 2001: WARNING: Unknown reply received in AuthRADIUS for
request 55 from 216.219.28.131:1645
Wed Sep  5 13:42:11 2001: WARNING: Unknown reply received in AuthRADIUS for
request 65 from 216.219.28.131:1645
----------------.

This is the realm

----------------

<Realm>
MaxSessions 1
        <AuthBy LDAP2>
                # Tell Radiator how to talk to the LDAP server
                Host            xxx.xxx.yy.yy

                AuthDN          cn=admin, dc=Michigan, dc=com
                AuthPassword    secret

                BaseDN          ou=state, dc=Michigan, dc=com

                UsernameAttr    uid

                PasswordAttr    userPassword

                # You can use CheckAttr, ReplyAttr and AuthAttrDef
                # to specify check and reply attributes int eh LDAP
                # database. See the reference manual for more
                # information

                # These are the classic things to add to each users
                # reply to allow a PPP dialup session. It may be
                # different for your NAS. This will add some
                # reply items to everyone's reply
                #AddToReply Framed-Protocol = PPP,\
                #        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,\
                #        Framed-Routing = None,\
                #        Framed-MTU = 1500,\
                #        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

                # You can enable debugging of the Net::LDAP
                # module with this:
                Debug 255
        </AuthBy>

# Log accounting to the detail file in LogDir
        AcctLogFileName %L/detailu
</Realm>

Ing. Rolando Riley
Administrador de Sistemas Unix