(RADIATOR) Logging to file without open/close per message

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Sep 3 23:08:53 CDT 2001

Hello Steinar -

>We log out Radiator account messages to file, with the LogFile keyword.
>However, both this and <Log FILE> results in the logfile being opened
>and closed once per message logged. As far as we can see, this is a
>reasonably significant source of overhead.
>
>I know we can use SYSLOG logging, but it seems to me we would get the
>least amount of overhead by logging to a file which was kept open all
>the time (only closed for log rotation). Is there an easy way to do
>this?

Radiator opens, writes and closes all files (logging, accounting, etc).

As you say, you can either use a Log SYSLOG, or Log SQL.

BTW - most of our customers use the Log SQL and log to the same
database as they use for customer information and accounting.

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au