(RADIATOR) /dev/null, getting munged...

John Kemp kemp at network-services.uoregon.edu
Tue Oct 23 19:37:16 CDT 2001

I've seen /dev/null on a Linux box get clobbered numerous
times where we run Radiator.  Anyone else seen this behavior?
The perms on /dev/null are not crw-rw-rw- but instead get set
to -rw-------.  Needless to say, this is a very bad thing.

It's quite possible my old habit of doing Unix redirection
1>/dev/null 2>&1 in crontabs is the culprit, but that seems
odd.  I'm wondering if restartWrapper or some Radiator specific
historical artifact (or some perl artifact) might be the culprit.
Any insight appreciated...

:(
John Kemp (kemp at ns.uoregon.edu)
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au