(RADIATOR) Strange radiusd startup problem

Ray Carpenter ray at systec.com
Tue Oct 23 15:08:34 CDT 2001

Hi all, I have just restored a Linux system that had a hard drive failure
and I am having a problem starting radiusd.  Previously I always started
radiusd from /etc/rc5.d and never had a problem.  Now it starts fine but the
first authentication request causes radiusd to die.  There is no information
in the log file regardless on the setting of Trace.  If I start it from the
console it works fine.  The command I use to start from /etc/rc5.d is su -c
/usr/bin/radiusd.  I have also tried using restartWrapper in rc.local and it
also starts fine but any auth request causes it to be restarted and it never
works this way.

The system is Mandrake 6.1 and Radiator 2.18.  If anyone has any ideas I'd
appreciate hearing them.

Thanks
Ray Carpenter
SysTec