(RADIATOR) Radiator load problem

David Napier dilbert at dot.net.au
Wed Oct 17 20:57:37 CDT 2001

Thanx for the reply High, can't fault this service :)

> The first question of course is "what has changed?".

According to logs, nothing. We use /etc/password for userlists on this box
and only the usual additions and deletions have occured. We do have a few
users explicitly mentioned in /etc/raddb/user, and one new user added there,
however the syntax is fine (ie, exactly like the 300 before it) as its all
script generated. I've grilled other admins and no-one knows anything :/

> The second question is "how do you start radiusd?".

We start via the command  `/usr/bin/radiusd -config_file
/etc/raddb/radiator.cfg`. I am uncertain whether this was bundled with
radiator or someone else scripted it.

> And the third question is "can you please send me a copy of the
configuration
> file (no secrets) together with a trace 4 debug showing what is going
on?".

Attached below, with all scarey info xxxx'd. I haven't attached a trace 4 as
I haven't got a sample with radius chomping cpu yet. Hopefully we won't have
to wait long (or hopefully we will :)

> BTW - the correct spelling to fix the problem shown below is:
>
> Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

Thanx :)
God knows how long that's been there, I've only just been assigned this
box...

Cheers,

David Napier

radiator.cfg
~~~~~~~~~

# Set the Database Directory: %D
DbDir           /etc/raddb

# Set the Log Directory: %L
LogDir          /var/log/radacct

# Load up all the local stuff
include         %D/local.cfg

#Trace          3

#<Log SYSLOG>
#       Facility        user

        # Lets see all info & above messages
        Trace           4
#</Log>

# Load up the NAS cliet list
include         %D/clients.cfg

# Load up the list of realms
include         %D/realms.cfg

# This clause defines an authorisation method that will be used
# by any users in the database with Auth-Type="System". It will
# match the "Identifier System"
<AuthBy UNIX>
        Identifier System
        Filename /etc/shadow
</AuthBy>

users
~~~~~

xxxx          Password="xxxx"
                Service-Type = Framed-User,
                Framed-Protocol = PPP,
                Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254,
                NAS-IP-Address = z.z.z.z,
                Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP,
                Framed-MTU = 1500

DEFAULT         Auth-Type = System
                Service-Type = Framed-User,
                Framed-Protocol = PPP,
                Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254,
#               Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP,
#               Idle-Timeout = 5400,
                Idle-Timeout = 3600,
#               Idle-Timeout = 18000,
                Session-Timeout = 36000,