(RADIATOR) Can't set certain attributes from PostAuthHook

needle-mls at world-online.no needle-mls at world-online.no
Sat Oct 13 05:43:28 CDT 2001

On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 01:18:30PM +1000, Hugh Irvine wrote:

| Hello Jo -
|
| You really don't need a PostAuthHook to do this, just an AddToReply.

I guess I had simplified the explanation of the PostAuthHook a little
too much. :-) I do believe I need the PostAuthHook, because it not
only authenticates the user, it checks whether the user should be
assigned a static IP or not and acts on that, it verifies that the
number the user is calling from isn't blacklisted, it sends log data
to another sql backend, and I haven't even begun to talk about the
future plans we have for this hook. :-)
The hook works, it authenticates users, assigns static ip's if
required, logs to the sql backend and everything is hunky dory except
for the 3 attributes I can't set in the reply, no matter how hard I
try.

I guess I'll go back to simple.cfg, without any hooks, and work my way
forwards from there to see if I can figure out where I went wrong.

| For suggested reading I always recommend the RFC's and the reference manual
| included in the "doc" directory of the distribution.

Yep, can't live without the reference manual. :-) I'll dig into the
RFC's next. Thanks for your time.

Jo

--
"My mind has an endless capacity for useless information."
  -- Unknown
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au