(RADIATOR) Radiator NAT problem

PANAGOPOULOU,GEORGIA (HP-Greece,ex1) georgia_panagopoulou at hp.com
Mon Oct 1 10:14:23 CDT 2001

Hello all,

Here is a problem we encounter with our firewall configuration:

Radiator server (outside firewall) talking to Radiator server (inside
firewall)(version 2.18)
The Radiator server outside the firewall changes it's source port every
minute or so. Multiple different requests are sent to the other Radiator
server on the same source port. The first request is NATed correctly, the
subsequent requests are not. Once the Radiator server outside the firewall
changes it's source port again, that first request is also NATed
successfully, the rest are not.

How can we change Radiator to use a new source port for each request that it
proxies?

Note that we are using Checkpoint FW-1 firewall.

Looking forward for an answer from one of you ...

Best regards,
Georgia Panagopoulou
Hewlett Packard Greece
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au