Concurrency limit and platypus

Cameron Watson cameron.watson at bigfoot.com.au
Mon Nov 26 19:39:02 CST 2001

Hi Everyone,

We've been experiencing a few issues since we switched to radiator running
into concurrency limits for various customers.
Users who haven't logged in for a day or two have their access rejected due
to violation of their simultaneous use. We use the platypus billing system
and essentially use the authby emerald module to authenticate.

We had to modify our authemerald.pm file to correctly enforce session limits
as we were unable to supply a full list of NAS addresses. And everything has
worked perfectly aside from this issue. The only solution we found to
temporarily supply access to our customers was to increase their
simultaneous use limit in our plat database. Obviously this isn't the ideal
solution, which is why i'm posting this to the list. Our system
configuration is a redhat box running radiator connecting via the sybase DBI
drivers to our sql server odbc connection directly so any issues with
windows memory caching wouldnt seem to be an issue.

Does anyone have any ideas why customers are likely to be denied access when
they aren't violating the rules for simultaneous use specified in the
database?

Regards,
Cameron Watson

-------
Billing System Administrator
Bigfoot Internet Australia Pty Ltd
1300 85 75 65
0403073400

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Platypus, Freeside, TACACS+, PAM, external, Active Directory etc etc
on Unix, Win95/8, 2000, NT, MacOS 9, MacOS X
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au