(RADIATOR) Radiator -> Freeradius

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Thu Nov 22 18:23:24 CST 2001

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 19:42, Scott Stavretis wrote:

> I have proxied from Radiator to Free Radius and havnt had any problem you
> are experiencing.  Make sure you are using the latest version of free
> radius.

Thanks Scott, I grabbed the latest CVS and tried again and
this is what I get now. I'm not sure if this is a developers
or users-only list so apologies to the list if this kind of
stuff is not encouraged. The first is a dialup via Radiator
thru to my freeradius server, the 2nd is thru a Cistron
server then to my freeradius but with the secret deliberately
wrong... this output _really_ suggests that the shared secret
between the upstream Radiator and my freeradius is simply
wrong. The operators of the upstream Radiator are adamant
the secret is right though. Between the below and the fact
this freeradius server has no problem with Optus wholesale
ports makes me wonder if Radiator (and not freeradius) is
the problem child.

Any straws to grasp at, anyone ?

1. Comindico(5400) -> Radiator -> freeradius

rlm_sql: Released sql socket id: 4
rlm_sql: Pairs do not match [DEFAULT]
  modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns notfound
modcall: group authorize returns notfound
auth: No Auth-Type configuration for the request, rejecting the user
auth: Failed to validate the user.
  WARNING: Unprintable characters in the password. ?
  Double-check the shared secret on the server and the NAS!
Sending Access-Reject of id 7 to 203.220.22.5:32770

2. Optus wholesale -> 5300 -> Radius Cistron -> freeradius

rlm_sql: Released sql socket id: 4
rlm_sql: Pairs do not match [markc at renta.net]
  modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns notfound
modcall: group authorize returns notfound
auth: No Auth-Type configuration for the request, rejecting the user
auth: Failed to validate the user.
  WARNING: Unprintable characters in the password. ?
  Double-check the shared secret on the server and the NAS!
Sending Access-Reject of id 226 to 203.202.98.2:1812

--markc
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au