(RADIATOR) can snmpget query NAS w/ Cisco-NAS-Port?

Dave Kitabjian dave at netcarrier.com
Fri Nov 16 08:48:55 CST 2001

Problem: we want to query Cisco 5400's for simultaneous use, but for
VoIP, there is no Nas-Port in the Access-Request, only Cisco-Nas-Port.

My understanding is that, to double check the Session DB's accuracy,
snmpget will do a lookup based on NAS-Identifier, NAS-Port, and
Username, and a few other things (see Nas.pm, isOnline()):

	($name, $nas_id, $nas_port, $session_id, $client,
$framed_ip_address)

For the Ciscos in particular, it appears to use:

	($nas_id,
                         $client->{SNMPCommunity},
                         "$Radius::Nas::CiscoMIB.2.9.2.1.18.$nas_port")

and it's all looking under the MIB:

	.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.9

(See also SessSQL.pm). Obviously, we can modify the SessionDatabase's
AddQuery to insert the Cisco-NAS-Port rather than the Nas-Port. But how
do we get snmpget to query that info in the Cisco MIB?

Thanks in advance!!

_____

Dave Kitabjian
NetCarrier, Software Engineering