(RADIATOR) kill -1 vs. kill / restart

Mariano Absatz radiator at lists.com.ar
Mon Nov 12 17:31:41 CST 2001

Hi Lin,

El 13 Nov 2001 a las 9:44, Huaikun Lin escribió:

> Hi
>
> At 03:25 PM 11/8/01 -0300, you wrote:
> >El 8 Nov 2001 a las 8:13, Todd Dokey escribió:
> >
> > > killall -HUP radiusd
> > >
> > > Works for me.
> >But the problem is not that radiusd is not receiving the SIGHUP, it's that
> >although it sees it and it says it restarts, it's not processing all of the
> >changed info in the config file...
>
> Radiator provide a restartWrapper script,this script will be running as a
> daemon.
>
> It is used to restart radiusd.
>
> If you use kill radiusprocessid or kill -9 radiusprocessid,the Wrapper script
> will automatically restart radiusd with the new config file.
I get the same results with daemontools' supervise using
svc -t
(see my message from November 8th with "Subject: HA Radiator under djb's
daemontools" about this).

My point isn't about how to restart it, but why a kill -1 doesn't do all that
it's intended to... Mike says it's solved as of 2.19, but I hasn't installed
it yet.

> Lin

Mariano Absatz
El Baby