(RADIATOR) Why is Broadwing/MegaPOP not taking our access-accept?

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Nov 8 22:38:19 CST 2001

Hello Mary -

You may have a problem with the reply attributes you are sending back
in the access accept. You will have to check with your provider to
ascertain what attributes are in fact required to successfully start
a session. I also seem to remember some discussion about MegaPOP on
the list some time ago, so you should check the archive site and do a
search (www.open.com.au/archives/radiator).

In answer to your questions below, you should be using the standard
dictionary to begin with and add or delete whatever is required using
your favourite text editor. The standard dictionary is a compendium
of most of the others and should work in the majority of cases.

The "Deleting session ..." message is from the session management
code in Radiator that does an initial delete from the session
database when an access request is received. This is because we may
have missed a stop record and there may be a stale entry which needs
to be cleaned up.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

btw - we tend to be in different time zones to you, so response times will vary

--

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our correspondence.