(RADIATOR) Re: Radiator Session Configuration

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu May 24 03:23:04 CDT 2001

Hello David -

On Thursday 24 May 2001 17:08, Sizeland, David wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> We currently use Radius to manage our dialup access (telstra Dial Connect)
>
> On checking our logs, we have a number of users that stay logged in for 20,
> 30 plus hours.
>
> We have cost issues with this as we have users dialing in from outside our
> area code (including overseas)
>
> Can we configure Radius to disconnect the users after a set session time of
> say 2 hours?
>
> Also, In the case of a user genuinely and actively using the connection,
> can there be some dialog prompt to advise that user that the session will
> be termintated unless they respond to staying logged on?
>
> I understand that Idle-Timeout can be used to terminate inactive sessions
> but this is thwarted by users having apps minimised that send the
> occasional packet keeping the session alive.
>
> Our Radiator Account is: Pasminco

The reply attribute you want to use is Session-Timeout (possibly in
conjunction with Idle-Timeout). To log a user off after 2 hours with an idle
timeout of 10 minutes, you would use:

	Session-Timeout = 7200,
	Idle-Timeout = 600

Probably the best thing to do is use an AddToReply in the relevant AuthBy
clause.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au