(RADIATOR) sql database backup

Andy De Petter adepette at krameria.net
Thu May 17 07:08:08 CDT 2001

Jesús M Díaz wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I know that subject has been already discussed, but i have not clear
> ideas about it, yet.
>
> I run two Radiator Servers over two hosts. They both use a sql db
> (MySql), and I have a backup of that database, but ... if Radiator is
> up but MySql is down, how could Radiator use the secondary sql db?
>
> When Radiator runs as a Proxy Radius, it can be configured to use a
> second server (or more) if the first one goes down. I think it could
> be a useful option something like that with sql access. If we could
> configure more then one 'DBSource' Radiator could use ther first one,
> and, if it does nos answer, then the second, and so on
>
> There is any way to do that now? Someone have any idea about it?
>
> Thnak you.
>

> Jesus M Diaz <jesus.diaz at telia-iberia.com>
>
> Telia Iberia, S.A.
> Planificación y Diseño de Red
> Tfno: +34 91 623 2909
> Fax: +34 91 623 2911

Use 2 DBSource's in your AuthBy clause.

DBSource        dbi:mysql:YOURDB1:YOURIP1
DBUsername      YOURUSER1
DBAuth          YOURPASS1

DBSource
dbi:mysql:YOURDB2:YOURIP2
DBUsername
YOURUSER2
DBAuth
	YOURPASS2

etc...

Radiator will take the next one, if the first goes down, and start all
over again, once it has reached its last one afaik (with a "pause" in
between, if they are all down).

hth,

-Andy

--

*** DISCLAIMER ***
This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information, which

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au